Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
Love the taste of classic pineapple upside down cake? Then you have come to the right place! Our delicious Mini Pound Cakes are delectable, tasty and so scrumptious as the brown sugar, cherries and pineapple melt slowly as you take your first bite. Everyone will enjoy this quick and easy dessert at your next party.
Makes 6 Servings
1 Carton Drake's® Mini Pound Cakes
1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 8 oz. Can Pineapple Rings, Reserve Juice
1 Container Maraschino Cherries
Large Non-Stick Pan
- Unwrap each Drake's® Mini Pound Cake and cut lengthwise into halves.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat, and melt butter in the pan.
- Once butter is melted, stir in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and half of the pineapple juice until the brown sugar has dissolved
- Place 3-4 pound cakes in the hot pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the pound cake is golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip and top each cake with a pineapple ring and maraschino cherry. Cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for the remaining cakes.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with sauce from the pan.
Try with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or whipped cream!